Save
Busy. Please wait.
or

show password
Forgot Password?

Don't have an account?  Sign up 
or

Username is available taken
show password

why


Make sure to remember your password. If you forget it there is no way for StudyStack to send you a reset link. You would need to create a new account.
We do not share your email address with others. It is only used to allow you to reset your password. For details read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.


Already a StudyStack user? Log In

Reset Password
Enter the associated with your account, and we'll email you a link to reset your password.
focusNode
Didn't know it?
click below
 
Knew it?
click below
Don't know
Remaining cards (0)
Know
0:00
share
Embed Code - If you would like this activity on your web page, copy the script below and paste it into your web page.

  Normal Size     Small Size show me how

Cardiac Cycle

QuestionAnswer
STEP 1 - Atrial Systole As atria contract, rising atrial pressures push blood into the ventricles thru the open right and left AV valves.
STEP 2 - Atrial Systole Start of atrial systole, ventricles already filled 70%. As atria contract, rising atrial pressure provide the remaining 30 percent by pushing blood thru the open AV valves. Atrial systole 'tops off' ventricles.
STEP 3 - Atrial Systole End of atrial systole, each ventricle contains maximum amount of blood that it will hold in cardiac cycle = End diastolic volume EDV
STEP 4 - Ventricular Systole. ventricles are contracting. bloow flow has yet to occur. ventricles contract isometrically: generate tension and pressure. flow does not occur. isovolumetric contraction: all valves closed. volume constant and pressure rises.
STEP 5 - Ventricular Systole Once ventricle pressure exceeds that in arterial trunks. semilunar valves open and blood flows into pulmonary and aortic trunks = ventricular ejection. isotonically contract: muscle cells shorten. tension constant.
STEP 6 - Ventricular Systole near end of VS, ventricular pressure falls.blood in aorta + pulmonary trunk now starts to flow twrd ventricles-> closes semilunar valves. pressure rises again as arterial walls recoil, amt of blood remaining in ventricle = end systolic volume
STEP 7 - Ventricular Diastole all heart valves closed.vent. myocardium relaxing vent pressures higher than atrial pressures blood cannot flow into ventricles. isovolumetric relaxation; rapid drop in pressure over this period
STEP 8 - Ventricular Diastole when ventricular pressure fall below atria. atrial pressure forces valves open.blood flows into ventricles. both atria + vent = diatole. vent. pressure continues to fall > chambers expand.
Created by: zeenat
 

 



Voices

Use these flashcards to help memorize information. Look at the large card and try to recall what is on the other side. Then click the card to flip it. If you knew the answer, click the green Know box. Otherwise, click the red Don't know box.

When you've placed seven or more cards in the Don't know box, click "retry" to try those cards again.

If you've accidentally put the card in the wrong box, just click on the card to take it out of the box.

You can also use your keyboard to move the cards as follows:

If you are logged in to your account, this website will remember which cards you know and don't know so that they are in the same box the next time you log in.

When you need a break, try one of the other activities listed below the flashcards like Matching, Snowman, or Hungry Bug. Although it may feel like you're playing a game, your brain is still making more connections with the information to help you out.

To see how well you know the information, try the Quiz or Test activity.

Pass complete!

"Know" box contains:
Time elapsed:
Retries:
restart all cards