Busy. Please wait.

show password
Forgot Password?

Don't have an account?  Sign up 

Username is available taken
show password


Make sure to remember your password. If you forget it there is no way for StudyStack to send you a reset link. You would need to create a new account.

By signing up, I agree to StudyStack's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Already a StudyStack user? Log In

Reset Password
Enter the associated with your account, and we'll email you a link to reset your password.

Remove ads
Don't know
remaining cards
To flip the current card, click it or press the Spacebar key.  To move the current card to one of the three colored boxes, click on the box.  You may also press the UP ARROW key to move the card to the "Know" box, the DOWN ARROW key to move the card to the "Don't know" box, or the RIGHT ARROW key to move the card to the Remaining box.  You may also click on the card displayed in any of the three boxes to bring that card back to the center.

Pass complete!

"Know" box contains:
Time elapsed:
restart all cards

Embed Code - If you would like this activity on your web page, copy the script below and paste it into your web page.

  Normal Size     Small Size show me how

Earth & Moon

Characteristics of the Earth and Moon

Lithosphere: The rocky surface of the Earth
Atmosphere: The pocket of air that surrounds the Earth
Hydrosphere All the water on the surface of the earth and underground, including ice and water vapor
Earth Composition 25% of Earth is dry land 75% is covered with water 97% of this water is oceans 3% is fresh water 75% of fresh water is frozen in the polar ice caps Which leaves 25% usable fresh water
Crust The upper layer of the Earth. This layer is from 3 miles to 25 miles thick. The Earth’s tectonic plates are located here.
Mantle The largest layer of the Earth. It is 1800 miles thick. It is composed of very hot, dense melted rock. The movement of this liquid is what moves the tectonic plates.
Core The center of the Earth.
Axis An imaginary line running from the North Pole to the South Pole through the center of the Earth
Rotation The spinning of a planet or moon on its axis
Revolution The time it takes for an object to travel completely around another object it orbits.
Orbit The path one object takes around another object in space
Tide The rise and fall of the water level of the ocean near the shore that is caused by the pull of gravity of the moon
Created by: twaller