Busy. Please wait.

show password
Forgot Password?

Don't have an account?  Sign up 

Username is available taken
show password


Make sure to remember your password. If you forget it there is no way for StudyStack to send you a reset link. You would need to create a new account.

By signing up, I agree to StudyStack's Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

Already a StudyStack user? Log In

Reset Password
Enter the associated with your account, and we'll email you a link to reset your password.

Remove ads
Don't know
remaining cards
To flip the current card, click it or press the Spacebar key.  To move the current card to one of the three colored boxes, click on the box.  You may also press the UP ARROW key to move the card to the "Know" box, the DOWN ARROW key to move the card to the "Don't know" box, or the RIGHT ARROW key to move the card to the Remaining box.  You may also click on the card displayed in any of the three boxes to bring that card back to the center.

Pass complete!

"Know" box contains:
Time elapsed:
restart all cards

Embed Code - If you would like this activity on your web page, copy the script below and paste it into your web page.

  Normal Size     Small Size show me how


Final Exam

Ecosystems Are all living things, matter, and energy
Photosynthesis Is how all energy enters an ecosystem
The Sun is the source of energy for an ecosystem What is the source of energy in an ecosystem
The plants get food from the sun by photosynthesis then a herbivore eats the plants How does this energy enter the ecosystem
Producers are plants that make their own food
Consumers are animals or things that get their energy from eating plants or animals
Autotroph Are Producers
Heterotroph are consumers
Detrivore eats dead plant and animal matter
-10% of the available energy is passed onto the next tropic level. -The other 90% goes to: Growth, Maintenance, movement and heat Energy in an ecosystem
Productivity the amount of biomass produced per unit area in one year
Biomagnification The amount of DDT moving from producers to primary consumers to secondary consumers, and so on.
Biotic living things
Abiotic non-living things
Primary Succession Takes place in an area with no previous living organism
Secondary Succession Takes place in an ecosystem after a disturbance to the previous climax community
Succession The gradual change in populations of organisms in an ecosystems leading to a climax community
Catalyst increases rate of reaction without actually taking part in the reaction
inhibitor slows down reaction rate
Indicators help identify acids and bases
Wind -caused by uneven heating of the earth -warm air rises. Cool air comes into takes its place
Coriolis Effect -Wind is curved because the earth is rotating -Curves to right in the northern hemisphere (opposite in the southern hemisphere)
Cold Front is when a moving cold air mass overtakes a warmer air masses
Stationary Front when cold air mass and a warm air mass are in contact but neither is moving
occuded front cold front catches up with a slower moving warm front. The cold pushes all warm air up, away from the ground.
Pyramid of Biomass Shows that Biomass decreases from each trophic level to the one above
Pyramid of Energy Measures the total chemical energy the flows through each tropic level
Level of Consumers Primary, secondary and tertiary
Population All organisms of the same species, living in the same ecosystem, at the same time
Community All living organisms,in the same ecosystem at the same time
4 main factors that effect population size Death, birth, moving in, and moving out
Intraspecific competition competition among members of the same species
Interspecific competition competition between two different species
density-dependant factors factors that increases in significance as a population grows
density-independant a natural disaster that will affect everything
Created by: tweetle-d