Make sure to remember your password. If you forget it there is no way for StudyStack
to send you a reset link. You would need to create a new account.
We do not share your email address with others. It is only used to allow you to reset your password.
For details read our
Terms of Service.
Dissipate compression, shear, tension forces with in a joint
Common cartilage pathologies
Degenerative disc disease
Chondromalacia of patella
Meniscal lesions in knee
3 key conditions you need for a ligament to heal
1. torn lig ends must be in contact with each other
2. Progressive, controlled stress must be applied to the healing tissues to orient scar tissue formation
3. Lig must be protected against excessive forces during remodeling phase.
classifications of fractures
-site of injury -configuration -relationship of fragments to each other -relation of fx fragments to env't - complications
1. bleeding, cells die
2. granulation tissue, fibrocartilaginous matrix formed
3. bone trabeculae increase increase in # and the FC converts to bony callus
4. Bony callus is continually remodeled
Antibiotics ex. and SE
Nociceptive pain exam.
provide analgesia and anti-inflammatory affect, reduces fever
SE -liver toxicity
Nonsteroidal Anti-inflam Drugs
SE-GI distress and/or bleeding
AI and immunosuppressant
SE-edema, insomnia, risk of infection
-addiction, nausea and vomiting
treat and prevent osteoporosis
SE-Vascular necrosis after long term use