|What were the all the Kingdoms of Egypt known as? ||Old Kingdom- Age of Pyramids
Middle Kingdom- Period of Reunification
New Kingdom- Golden Years|
|Name all of the Kingdoms in order and years it was a Kingdom? ||1. Old Kingdom- 2700-2200 B.C.E. (Before Common Era
2. Middle Kingdom- 200-1800 B.C.E. (Before Common Era)
3. New Kingdom- 1600-1100 B.C.E (Before Common Era)|
|What kingdom did Pharaoh Senusret rule? ||Senusret ruled the Middle Kingdom.|
|What Pharaoh was ruling when the Pyramid of Giza was built?
Hint: The whole time they ruled, 20 years, the Pyramid of Giza was being built. ||The Pharaoh Khufu was ruling.|
|Who was the first female Pharaoh of Egypt? ||The first female Pharaoh of Egypt was Hatshepsut.|
|Who was the temple made for? ||The temple was made in honor of Ramses II and one out of his 100 wives.|
|LIst four facts of Pharaoh Hatshepsut, besides her being the first female Pharaoh. ||1. Hatshepsut encouraged trade.
2. Sometimes dressed, as of, a man.
3. Her monument showed the scenes of her reign and it was built on a cliff above the NIle River.
4.She ruled in the New Kingdom (15 yrs)
She claimed her father was a God- Bonus Points|
|Name four facts about Pharaoh Ramses II. ||1. Has 100 wives, 100 children.
2. Ruled in the New Kingdom
3. Ruled from 1290-1224 (66 yrs)
Best mummified body- Bonus Points!|
|What are the periods in-between the major Kingdoms called? ||They're called reunification periods.|
|LIst four facts about Pharaoh Khufu? ||1. Established the Pharaoh as the central authority.
2. Built many pyramids, including the Pyramid of Giza.
3. Ruled from 2551-2528 (23 yrs)
He declared himself GOD-Bonus Points!|
|List four facts about Pharaoh Senusret. ||1. Ruled from 1971-1926 (45 yrs)
2. MIddle KIngdom ruler
3. His monument was the White Chapel
He was a Patron of the Arts- Bonus Points!|
|What does B.C.E and C.E. mean? ||1. Before Common Era
2. Common Era|
|LIst three facts about the White Chapel, the monument. ||1. Built to honor the Pharaoh Senusret .
2. Pillars were chiseled with pictures of Gods and symbols.
3. Made of Alabestor|
|LIat three facts about the Pyramid of Giza, the monument. ||1. Took 20 years to build.
2. The largest pyramid in Egypt.
3. It was an engineering miracle!|
|List three facts about Abu SImbel, the monument. ||1. Ramses II Temple
2. 60 feet tall
3. Temple honored his favorite, out of 100, wives.|
|List three facts about Dayr-al Bahir, the monument. ||1. Honors Pharaoh Hatshepsut
2. Built on a cliff above the NIle River
3. There were carvings of her reign in scenes|